Hey everyone! This post is going to be about unboxing the two beauty boxes I receive—the 3B Box and Sephora’s Play! box. This is the second month I’ve received both of these. Last month was great, now let’s see how this month will compare!
- Purpletale 5 Steps to Lovely Skin. This set is perfect for anyone wishing to invest more time into their skincare routine—without becoming overwhelmed. 5 Steps to Lovely Skin makes it easy to try the Purpletale cleanser, ampoule, sheet mask, facial cream, and neck cream in one convenient packet.
- Milky Dress Premium Brightener. This bestselling k-beauty cream is a quick and natural fix for lightening skin tone while providing hydration for up to 10 hours. We love using this as a primer under our foundation or BB cream for a glowing look. Can be used on face and body.
- Mirai Clinical Body Spritzer. This body mist contains Japanese Persimmon Extract to keep you smelling fresh all day long.
- Skinfood Black Sugar Serum (Light). This lighter formulation is perfect for the summer heat as it provides immediate hydration and quick absorbtion. It’s refreshing for both oily and dry skin. After cleansing, dispense serum on a cotton pad. Wipe to gently exfoliate dead skin, excess keratin, and other impurities.
- It’s Skin Todak Todak Pack Nutrition. This wash-off mask contains manuka honey and coconut extract to create smooth, calm, and moisturized skin. We love this in the summer because it’s cooling to the skin without being sticky!
- Bumble and Bumble Don’t Blow It. Innovative creme adds body and enhances fine-to-medium hair textures for a laid-back, air-dried style.
- BareMinerals bareSkin Bronzer. Blendable, lightweight liquid bronzer may be worn alone or over foundation to give skin a sheer, natural-looking touch of sun.
- Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara. Bestselling mascara lengthens, volumizes, coats even the smallest lashes, and features a specially designed brush.
- Becca Backlight Priming Filter. Shimmering makeup primer acts as a soft-focus filter to blur imperfections and give skin an effortless, luminous look.
- Tarte Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30. Antioxidant-infused, non-chemical SPF 30 sunscreen moisturizes and protects without leaving a sticky feel.
- Tocca Beauty Florence. Timeless and romantic, this fragrance conjures long-ago Paris with a sophisticated blend of bergamot, violet petals, and blonde wood.
While I’m pleased with both boxes this month, I think my favorite is the 3B! I want to try all the products. In the Sephora box, I’m happy about the BareMinerals, Benefit, and Becca samples, but I don’t like the smell of the perfume and won’t use the Bumble & Bumble sample. Both boxes are worth the cost though, so I’ll continue to receive both of them.
Did any of you get these boxes? What were your thoughts on the samples? Let me know in the comments below ❤
Hey everyone! I got my first 3B Box in the mail last week. One of my friends who’s a K Beauty addict told me I should try this out, so I did! For those of you that haven’t heard of it, the 3B (Or Beauty Beyond Borders) Box is an Asian Beauty subscription box that gives you samples of popular products each month for only $12 per month.
Here’s everything from the pouch. First off, I’m impressed with the amount of samples they send and the fact that you get a sheet mask too! As someone with super-dry skin, I can’t ever have too many of those.
Here’s a breakdown of everything I received:
- Leaders Brightening Recovery Mask. This premium coconut gel mask contains Telangyn and Niacinamide to even out your skin tone and restore radiance to your skin for a glowing complexion.
- Sulwhasoo Essential Firming Cream. This luxurious cream is blended with potent Korean medicinal herbs to instantly firm and tone while stimulating collagen for a long-term lift. Adlay millet detoxifies and promotes elasticity while pomegranate, green tea, and ginkgo fight free-radicals to maintain a youthful radiance. This can be used in place of your AM/PM moisturizer.
- Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Essence. Propolis extract is created by black bees and known as nature’s antibiotic. It’s anti-inflammatory, great for acne-prone skin, and non-comodogenic (which means it won’t clog your pores). This essence boasts an impressive list of ingredients with 50% black bee propolis extract, 20% royal jelly extract and 10% royal black honey extract. I’ve actually been using this the past few days. I think I’ll have to wait longer to see the full results but it has helped clear up the few small pimples I did have!
- Dewytree Blackhead Out Nose Patch. Volcanic ash from Jeju Island and charcoal extracts clean out any clogged pores and remove blackheads. I typically try to shy away from strips because they can be hard on your pores, but I tried one of these and they actually worked very well! I had a couple clogged pores on my nose that were turning into whiteheads and these cleared them right up.
- Aritaum Fresh Power Essence Pouch Sleeping Pack. Honey is one of our top ingredients thanks to its antibacterial properties and skin-boosting antioxidants. This sleeping mask is perfect for lathering on as your last step in your nighttime skincare routine and waking up with beautiful glowing skin.
All in all, I’m extremely impressed with the 3B Box! I’m already excited to see what June’s shipment will bring. Do any of you subscribe? Let me know in the comments. ❤
Hey everyone! Who else is ready for this long Memorial Day Weekend? I got my first Play! by Sephora box a few days ago. I was really excited to get it because, like most of you, I am obsessed with Sephora. I hoard their deluxe sample promos like crazy. When I first heard they were doing a beauty box, I signed up immediately. I just got taken off the waiting list this month.
I’m also a big fan of beauty boxes but I haven’t found one yet that I’m consistently satisfied with. Because I shop so frequently at Sephora, I have really high hopes for this box in the long term!
The theme of this month’s box is The Forces of Nature. This box is all about discovering beauty products that are “high-performing—and good for you, too.” All of the products in this box are derived from natural ingredients.
Here’s what I received this month:
- Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne. “A refreshing burst of sweet blood orange and bitter orange peel paired with notes of geranium.” Orange Sanguine is part of Atelier Cologne’s Collection Originale, which is made using high concentrations of essential oils to create fresh citrus scents. This perfume smells so citrusy! It’s very potent but I love the scent.
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Kimchi. “Handcrafted, high-pigment lipstick delivers intense hydration using twelve edible oils.” This lipstick contains coconut oil, which is “highly anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and hydrating,” and pomegranate oil, which “moisturizes and protects from environmental damage with antioxidants.” Bite Beauty creates all its lipsticks using food-grade ingredients that are antioxidant-rich and made in small batches. I love Bite’s new Amuse Bouche formula. It’s so pigmented and creamy. Kimchi is such a bold, vivid pink!
- Tarte Tarteist Lip Crayon in Latergram. “Prime and line with this lip crayon that nurtures with Vitamin E and antioxidants.” Vitamin E is a “natural preservative that nurtures dry skin and helps protect from free radicals.” This lip pencil contains mineral pigments which “produce vibrant, long-lasting color and help to soothe the skin.” The mineral pigments in Tarte’s products are made by crushing actual earth minerals into fine powders and contain no synthetic counterparts, so they’re perfect for sensitive skin. Latergram is a beautiful warm, terracotta/rusty nude. The formula is really nice and applies smoothly.
- Origins Maskimizer, Drink Up, and Clear Improvement masks. “Innovative priming mist optimizes skin’s condition, while the charcoal mask cleases and the the overnight mask deeply moisturizes.” These products contain: marine algae, a “powerful anti-irritant that helps to soothe and calm the skin;” bamboo charcoal, which “deeply purifies, draws out impurities, and unclogs pores;” white china clay, which “absorbs toxins and balances while being ultra-gentle on skin;” apricot kernel oil, which is a “non-greasy oil that nurtures and hydrates;” and japanese seaweed, which “helps repair skin, which prevents moisture loss and signs of aging.” In partnership with American Forests’ Global ReLeaf Project, Origins has planted over 500,000 trees around the globe.
- Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial. “Lightweight overnight facial treatment melts into skin to brighten and moisturize with wild rose oil.” This facial contains wild rose oil which is “rich in Vitamin C for helping even skin tone and visibly improve fine lines.” Based in Athens, Korres works with local farmers to produce botanicals and other natural ingredients that are unique to Greece’s climate.
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask. “Intensely hydrating hair treatment made with naturally derived ingredients to restore and replenish.” This conditioning mask contains argan oil, which is a “potent multitasking oil that repairs, softens, and reduces frizz,” and avocado oil which “deep conditions and enhances shine without weighing down hair.” Briogeo’s founder was inspired to start a cosmetics company by her grandmother, who harvested raw ingredients from her own farm to make hair care products.
In addition to these samples, this box comes with a card to present in a Sephora store to receive expert advice and to receive 50 bonus Beauty Insider points with any purchase. Overall, I’m very pleased with my first Play! by Sephora box! This beauty box is definitely worth the $10 monthly fee and is perfect for someone who wants to try out the brands Sephora has to offer without breaking the bank.
Who else receives this beauty box? What did you think? Let me know in the comments ❤