This is a look I did for NYE, heavily inspired by NikkieTutorials Ultimate NYE Glam Transformation!
Base: Make Up For Ever Ultra HD liquid foundation in R230, Tarte Shape Tape concealer, Marc Jacobs Beauty O!mega Bronzer, NARS Orgasm blush
Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe and Medium Brown, Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
Eyes: Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture palette, NYX Ultimate Brights palette, Buxom Cosmetics single shadows, Urban Decay Heavy Metal glitter in Glamrock.
Glow: Anastasia Beverly Hills Sun-Dipped Glow Kit
Lips: Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Gemini
This is easily the most complex look I’ve ever done! But the final product was exactly what I was hoping it would be.
Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin and Instagram!
Khal Drogo inspired makeup! ⚔ The collaboration continues 🙌🏻 I am a HUGE Game of Thrones fan and when it came time to do a pop culture collab with some fellow makeup enthusiasts, I knew I had to do this look. Be sure to check out @makeupbycarolime @surcules @richelleschuler @emilynotbillmurray to see their submissions as well
- MAC Cosmetics Prep & Prime Skin Base
- Makeup Forever OG HD Foundation
- Revlon PhotoReady Insta-Fix Foundation Stick
- Loreal Pro Glow Foundation
- Burberry Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Glow
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Sephora Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit in Fair
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer
- Sleek Makeup Solstice Highlighting Palette
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
- Jeffree Star Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Gemini mixed with Kat Von D Lolita II
- Lime Crime Velvetine in Salem
- Colourpop Creme Gel Colour and Liner in Swerve
- Jeffree Star Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Mannequin
This is a look I did in collaboration with a few other beauty bloggers/enthusiasts. Our theme was the 7 deadly sins. I chose to do Greed. ✨
For this look, I knew I wanted to incorporate gold glitter. But I also wanted to use a lot of products to really get into a mindset of greed and make this look truly excessive. Here’s what I used!
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in N115
- Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Foundation Stick
- Sephora Bright Future green color corrector & Gel Serum Concealer in Meringue
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit in Fair (not pictured)
- Sephora Contour Powder in Tranquil
- Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette – Prosecco Pop
- Sleek Makeup Solstice Highlighting Palette – Equinox
- Wet N Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder in Precious Petals (yes, I stacked 3 highlighters to get that glow!)
- NARS blush in Orgasm
- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel cream bronzer
- RCMA No Color Loose Powder (not pictured)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
- Morphe 35O Palette
- Equinox from Sleek Makeup Palette for inner corner highlight
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Midnight Cowboy
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara (THE BEST mascara. New fave!)
- Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Gemini
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Midnight Cowboy
First impressions: I used several products for the first time with this look. I’ll just list them out with mini-reviews:
- Morphe 35O Palette. I’ve had this for a long time but other than playing around with it when I first got it, I never really reach for it. Now that I’ve used it for a whole eye look, I don’t know why I haven’t! The mattes blended beautifully and the dark gold metallic shade I used for a lid base applied smoothly and I didn’t need to use Fix+ to make it pop like with other metallics.
- Wet N Wild MegaGlo Highlighter. I was lucky enough to find both shades on eBay for a decent price, but you guys seriously need them. I’m sure literally every other blogger has told you that, but if you can find them, buy them immediately! Precious Petals is such a beautiful color.
- Sleek Solstice Palette. I bought this because of Jaclyn Hill’s mini Snapchat review and I have no ragrets. It comes with 4 different colors, but because it’s less than $20, I felt comfortable buying it just for the shade Equinox. That’s the crown jewel of this palette for sure. I’ve never seen a highlighter before that was so glowy and just BAM when you apply it!
- Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Gemini. This is the first Jeffree Star liquid lipstick that I’ve bought in a while. While I’m not sure how I feel about the rootbeer float scent, the formula is still amazing and I think the color is so flattering.
- RCMA No Color Loose Powder. I purchased this after hearing so many rave reviews about it, but I think I’m still partial to Laura Mercier’s Translucent Powder more. This one did the job, and the price is definitely right, but I feel like it just sucked what little moisture was to be had out of my undereyes.
- Anastasia Cream Contour Kit in Fair. This was given to me by a friend. I have to say that I was underwhelmed by the formula of the creams. I expected them to be easier to work with. Luckily, I’d watched Miss Jazmina D work with hers enough on Snapchat and learned that you could apply it under your foundation. I did that and found that I liked how it looked much better that way. It was still tough to blend out at parts, but at least I didn’t have to worry about messing up my foundation while doing it. I’ll probably continue to use this kit, but only for nights out or when I have a lot of time to dedicate to my makeup.
Have you guys used any of these products too? What were your faves/flops? Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin! ❤
Hey everyone! Make Up For Ever recently released a new line of Ultra HD concealers to correspond with their Ultra HD foundation range. They released 10 shades, 5 with red undertones (for color correction) and 5 with yellow undertones (for concealing).
After looking up the shades using Sephora’s Color IQ I decided to buy R20, the lightest shade, to test out. I thought it looked a little light, but I was not prepared for just how pale it actually was. My HG concealer is NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla, which is the second lightest shade in the range. R20 looks like Wite-Out compared to it!
Although I knew that it was going to be too light for me, I decided to give it a shot anyway. The Ultra HD concealer is very pigmented, so I used only a small amount in my test to see how much coverage it delivered.
See? Just a tiny little dollop under each eye. I was really pleased with how creamy the product was. I used a Beauty Blender to blend it out and found it to be a little sticky, but it blended well. The coverage was excellent for how little I used! Almost comparable to my NARS concealer. I did set the Ultra HD with powder after I blended it out and wore it for about 2 hours and found that it had hardly creased!
Aside from the color, I loved this concealer! It is just too pale since I don’t drastically highlight my undereye. I would love to see Make Up For Ever expand their shade range and include some more shades, because I feel like the current offering doesn’t suit everyone the way that their foundation range does!
Do any of you have this concealer? What do you think of it? ❤