Hey, everyone! Happy Pride Month! The start of this month really inspired me to break out my bright colors, get creative, and create a look to celebrate the movement! I had so much fun creating this look, and I may be posting more Pride-inspired looks before the month is over!
Base: Fenty Beauty primer and foundation in shade 120, Tarte Shape Tape concealer, Marc Jacobs Beauty O!mega bronzer, NARS Orgasm blush
Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (in Taupe and Medium Brown) and clear Brow Gel
Eyes: NYX Cosmetics Ultimate Brights Palette, Colourpop Yes Please! Palette, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and Thunderstruck Metal Crush shadow, Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir mascara and Urban Decay Perversion mascara and Heavy Metal glitter liner in Distortion
Glow: Anastasia Beverly Hills x Amrezy highlight
Lips: Mannequin by Jeffree Star Cosmetics
Happy Sunday, everyone! May was such a great month for makeup. There were so many new releases that I’ll be posting soon. In the meantime, here are some of my personal favorites from the past month.
- Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette. I recently posted a full review on this palette but I’m still crazy about it! The packaging, the blushes, the highlighters… Everything about it is A1. I highly recommend purchasing it.
- Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil. Since I have super-dry skin, I’m a big fan of mixing a few drops of oil in with my moisturizers. It helps keep my skin hydrated throughout the day. At $72, this oil is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way. This oil is also 100% pure, unrefined marula kernel oil and contains no chemicals or added fragrance, making it great for sensitive skin. It’s also high in antioxidants and Omegas 6 and 9 and is great for hydration and healing your skin.
- Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Gemini. I’ve talked about how awesome Jeffree Star’s liquid lipsticks are in the past, but I am really feeling this shade for summer. It’s a really nice warm nude that’s extremely flattering.
- Jordana Sweet Cream Matte Liquid Lip Color. I picked this up on a whim when I was at KMart a couple weeks ago and I am very impressed by the formula! It’s been hard for me to find a drugstore liquid lipstick that dries completely down, but this Jordana one is great. It applies smoothly and evenly and has comparable lasting power to my other liquid lipsticks. The shade I got, Strawberry Cheesecake, is a beautiful coral pink. At only $5 each, you can afford to stock up on all the shades!
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara. I have had this deluxe sample for a while but only recently decided to start using it. It’s become one of my favorite mascaras, possibly even a holy grail! It gives me the length and volume that I get some Too Faced’s Better Than Sex, but this wand keeps my lashes from looking clumpy. I am definitely going to be purchasing a full-size after I use this up.
- Wet N Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder in Precious Petals. I’m sure you’re all tired of hearing about these highlighters, but I am really impressed with the quality! I ended up purchasing this one on eBay for around $10 but it’s completely worth it to me. The formula is very creamy and pigmented, applies well and is very glowy! Crown of my Canopy, the darker shade, is of the same quality. If you can find these anywhere, I highly recommend getting them.
That wraps up this month’s favorites! What were some of yours? Let me know in the comments below ❤
This is a look I did in collaboration with a few other beauty bloggers/enthusiasts. Our theme was the 7 deadly sins. I chose to do Greed. ✨
For this look, I knew I wanted to incorporate gold glitter. But I also wanted to use a lot of products to really get into a mindset of greed and make this look truly excessive. Here’s what I used!
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in N115
- Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Foundation Stick
- Sephora Bright Future green color corrector & Gel Serum Concealer in Meringue
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit in Fair (not pictured)
- Sephora Contour Powder in Tranquil
- Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette – Prosecco Pop
- Sleek Makeup Solstice Highlighting Palette – Equinox
- Wet N Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder in Precious Petals (yes, I stacked 3 highlighters to get that glow!)
- NARS blush in Orgasm
- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel cream bronzer
- RCMA No Color Loose Powder (not pictured)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
- Morphe 35O Palette
- Equinox from Sleek Makeup Palette for inner corner highlight
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Midnight Cowboy
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara (THE BEST mascara. New fave!)
- Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Gemini
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Midnight Cowboy
First impressions: I used several products for the first time with this look. I’ll just list them out with mini-reviews:
- Morphe 35O Palette. I’ve had this for a long time but other than playing around with it when I first got it, I never really reach for it. Now that I’ve used it for a whole eye look, I don’t know why I haven’t! The mattes blended beautifully and the dark gold metallic shade I used for a lid base applied smoothly and I didn’t need to use Fix+ to make it pop like with other metallics.
- Wet N Wild MegaGlo Highlighter. I was lucky enough to find both shades on eBay for a decent price, but you guys seriously need them. I’m sure literally every other blogger has told you that, but if you can find them, buy them immediately! Precious Petals is such a beautiful color.
- Sleek Solstice Palette. I bought this because of Jaclyn Hill’s mini Snapchat review and I have no ragrets. It comes with 4 different colors, but because it’s less than $20, I felt comfortable buying it just for the shade Equinox. That’s the crown jewel of this palette for sure. I’ve never seen a highlighter before that was so glowy and just BAM when you apply it!
- Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Gemini. This is the first Jeffree Star liquid lipstick that I’ve bought in a while. While I’m not sure how I feel about the rootbeer float scent, the formula is still amazing and I think the color is so flattering.
- RCMA No Color Loose Powder. I purchased this after hearing so many rave reviews about it, but I think I’m still partial to Laura Mercier’s Translucent Powder more. This one did the job, and the price is definitely right, but I feel like it just sucked what little moisture was to be had out of my undereyes.
- Anastasia Cream Contour Kit in Fair. This was given to me by a friend. I have to say that I was underwhelmed by the formula of the creams. I expected them to be easier to work with. Luckily, I’d watched Miss Jazmina D work with hers enough on Snapchat and learned that you could apply it under your foundation. I did that and found that I liked how it looked much better that way. It was still tough to blend out at parts, but at least I didn’t have to worry about messing up my foundation while doing it. I’ll probably continue to use this kit, but only for nights out or when I have a lot of time to dedicate to my makeup.
Have you guys used any of these products too? What were your faves/flops? Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin! ❤
Hey everyone! The Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Nude Lip Set is a limited edition Sephora exclusive set that compiles five different nude lip products from different brands to give you all the options to create a perfect nude lip!
The Give Me Some Nude Lip Set contains:
- Mini-size Marc Jacobs Beauty Mini (P)Outliner Longwear Lip Pencil in Prim(Rose)
- Full-size NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita
- Mini-size Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lipstick in Milky Way
- Full-size NUDESTIX Lip + Cheek Crayon in Whisper
- Mini-size Tarte Deluxe Tarteist Lip Paint in Namaste Nude
As you can see, the Give Me Some Nude Lip Set offers nude lip products in a variety of undertones and finishes. Since each product is so different, I’ll give each a brief review:
- Marc Jacobs (P)Outliner in Prim(Rose): Undoubtedly my favorite piece in the set. The lip liner is very creamy, applied smoothly, and the shade was extremely flattering for my skintone. It’s actually very similar to my natural lip color, so it’s great for no-makeup-makeup or work-appropriate looks!
- Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in Namaste: Namaste is a warm nude liquid lipstick. The formula is light and mousse-y and applies evenly. The color is pretty flattering and doesn’t pull too orange, a common problem with warm nudes for me. The only drawback is that the formula does not really set, so this liquid lipstick is not transfer-free.
- Nudestix Lip + Cheek Crayon in Whisper: Whisper is a midtone nude pencil. This is the first Nudestix product I’ve ever tried and I’m impressed with the formula. It’s very pigmented without being chalky or drying. The color is not particularly flattering on me, but I would definitely use this product in another color.
- NARS Dolce Vita: This is a sheer, rosy nude lipstick. I own the Velvet Matte version of Dolce Vita and was surprised that the lipstick version was so sheer. The finish is slightly dewy when applied, but the formula is very comfortable and provides an even wash of color over the lips.
- Laura Mercier Lipstick in Milky Way: Milky Way is a brown nude lipstick with a cream finish. It’s very pigmented but the formula felt very thick on my lips. The color was not flattering on me at all, unfortunately, because it washed me out really badly!
Overall, I think the Give Me Some Nude Lip Set is a great value for people who are looking to explore the nude lip trend to see what colors are right for them. I think it would be rare for all five products to work for a single person, so there would likely be some that go unused. For someone that dislikes clutter, that could be a dealbreaker. Since the only product I truly liked was the Marc Jacobs liner, I believe my money would be better spent on a full-size version of that rather than this set.
Do any of you have this set? Which were your favorites? Let me know in the comments! ❤