Hey everyone! Who else is ready for this long Memorial Day Weekend? I got my first Play! by Sephora box a few days ago. I was really excited to get it because, like most of you, I am obsessed with Sephora. I hoard their deluxe sample promos like crazy. When I first heard they were doing a beauty box, I signed up immediately. I just got taken off the waiting list this month.
I’m also a big fan of beauty boxes but I haven’t found one yet that I’m consistently satisfied with. Because I shop so frequently at Sephora, I have really high hopes for this box in the long term!
The theme of this month’s box is The Forces of Nature. This box is all about discovering beauty products that are “high-performing—and good for you, too.” All of the products in this box are derived from natural ingredients.
Here’s what I received this month:
- Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne. “A refreshing burst of sweet blood orange and bitter orange peel paired with notes of geranium.” Orange Sanguine is part of Atelier Cologne’s Collection Originale, which is made using high concentrations of essential oils to create fresh citrus scents. This perfume smells so citrusy! It’s very potent but I love the scent.
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Kimchi. “Handcrafted, high-pigment lipstick delivers intense hydration using twelve edible oils.” This lipstick contains coconut oil, which is “highly anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and hydrating,” and pomegranate oil, which “moisturizes and protects from environmental damage with antioxidants.” Bite Beauty creates all its lipsticks using food-grade ingredients that are antioxidant-rich and made in small batches. I love Bite’s new Amuse Bouche formula. It’s so pigmented and creamy. Kimchi is such a bold, vivid pink!
- Tarte Tarteist Lip Crayon in Latergram. “Prime and line with this lip crayon that nurtures with Vitamin E and antioxidants.” Vitamin E is a “natural preservative that nurtures dry skin and helps protect from free radicals.” This lip pencil contains mineral pigments which “produce vibrant, long-lasting color and help to soothe the skin.” The mineral pigments in Tarte’s products are made by crushing actual earth minerals into fine powders and contain no synthetic counterparts, so they’re perfect for sensitive skin. Latergram is a beautiful warm, terracotta/rusty nude. The formula is really nice and applies smoothly.
- Origins Maskimizer, Drink Up, and Clear Improvement masks. “Innovative priming mist optimizes skin’s condition, while the charcoal mask cleases and the the overnight mask deeply moisturizes.” These products contain: marine algae, a “powerful anti-irritant that helps to soothe and calm the skin;” bamboo charcoal, which “deeply purifies, draws out impurities, and unclogs pores;” white china clay, which “absorbs toxins and balances while being ultra-gentle on skin;” apricot kernel oil, which is a “non-greasy oil that nurtures and hydrates;” and japanese seaweed, which “helps repair skin, which prevents moisture loss and signs of aging.” In partnership with American Forests’ Global ReLeaf Project, Origins has planted over 500,000 trees around the globe.
- Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial. “Lightweight overnight facial treatment melts into skin to brighten and moisturize with wild rose oil.” This facial contains wild rose oil which is “rich in Vitamin C for helping even skin tone and visibly improve fine lines.” Based in Athens, Korres works with local farmers to produce botanicals and other natural ingredients that are unique to Greece’s climate.
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask. “Intensely hydrating hair treatment made with naturally derived ingredients to restore and replenish.” This conditioning mask contains argan oil, which is a “potent multitasking oil that repairs, softens, and reduces frizz,” and avocado oil which “deep conditions and enhances shine without weighing down hair.” Briogeo’s founder was inspired to start a cosmetics company by her grandmother, who harvested raw ingredients from her own farm to make hair care products.
In addition to these samples, this box comes with a card to present in a Sephora store to receive expert advice and to receive 50 bonus Beauty Insider points with any purchase. Overall, I’m very pleased with my first Play! by Sephora box! This beauty box is definitely worth the $10 monthly fee and is perfect for someone who wants to try out the brands Sephora has to offer without breaking the bank.
Who else receives this beauty box? What did you think? Let me know in the comments ❤