Hello, everyone! Another month is in the books once again. I can’t believe it’s already May. 2016 is flying right by!
This month I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to try several new makeup and skincare products. While most of them were awesome, these are the few that were at the top of my list.
- Tom Ford Bicoastal Sheer Cheek Duo. I purchased this on a whim from Nordstrom. I wanted to try the TF Soleil Contouring Compact, but since it was sold out, I decided to order this instead. I was really wowed by the quality when I received it! The colors are sheer, but I was impressed by the even pigmentation and how easily I could achieve the perfect springtime glow using these colors. The pans are narrow, but I’ve found that when using my MAC 135 brush, I can apply just one color with ease. Or both, if I would choose.
- Sleek Makeup Solstice Highlighting Palette. Like many people, I first heard of this product via Jaclyn Hill’s snapchat. Her highlight was so intense that I had to have this palette, especially after I saw the price! The palette is just under $15 for 4 highlighters—one cream and three powders. All four colors are very glowy and have an excellent formula. I love that the colors in this palette are all so different. It’s rare that you would get purple, yellow, AND gold highlighters all in one palette, but Sleek has done it. I received my palette in a little over a week, which I thought was relatively fast for international travel.
- Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum. Where to begin with this amazing product! I first saw Drunk Elephant in my local Sephora several months ago. I was attracted by the packaging, but the high price tag gave me pause. Over the past few months, I have seen a lot of beauty bloggers talking about DE’s skincare line and raving about the quality. After hearing KathleenLights’ review of the Glycolic Night Serum, I knew I had to try it. Having super dry skin, exfoliation is essential because flaky skin is just not cute. Exfoliation is also important in the fight against fine lines and wrinkles, something I already have to deal with. I got some samples of this product and was really wowed by it. I noticed immediate improvements in the texture of my skin and a reduction of hyperpigmentation which has plagued me all my life. Although other AHAs have caused excess dryness, this DE serum actually made my skin feel more hydrated! Let me be the first to say that a $90 serum is not a necessity. It’s clearly a luxury item. For me, however, it’s important to listen to my skin and buy what works for it due to the sensitivity I have to deal with. This product is 1 ounce, which is standard. I only use it twice a week, though, so I expect it to last quite a while.
- Mario Badescue Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater. I have had this sample bottle for a while but started using it more recently to add some additional hydration to my skincare routine. The spray contains aloe and rosewater, both of which nourish skin and help calm irritation. I have noticed an improvement in my skin since I started using it. It also works as an excellent substitute for MAC Fix+ when setting makeup! As you can see, I’m almost out so I’ll be purchasing a full-size bottle soon, which is only $7. What an amazing deal!
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette. Everyone and their mother has been lusting after this palette since before it launched! I was fortunate enough to get my hands on it and have been in love ever since. The formula is great, the colors are amazing, and it smells amazing. This palette will be perfect for creating some warm looks for spring and summer. I hope Too Faced makes this palette permanent so everyone can get one! (P.S.: I included a Sweet Peach Palette in my latest Instagram giveaway. Go to my account to learn how to enter!)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Crush. Crush is one of the new releases in the ABH liquid lipstick collection. I bought this a few weeks ago from my local Ulta when I was testing out the new shades. Crush is the perfect pinky nude lip for me. It applies smoothly and dries down to a transfer-free finish. I’ve dealt with some inconsistencies in the ABH formula in the past, but this one looks like a very solid product. I hope to buy more of the new colors soon!
- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Cream Bronzer. The Soleil Tan de Chanel bronzer is one of Chanel’s most popular products. I bought this recently because I was still on the hunt for the perfect bronzer, but I think my search has finally ended! At $50, this product is pricey. But since you get a full ounce of product, this makes it a better deal than the Too Faced bronzer I discussed in my February favorites post, which weighs in at 0.35 ounces. I used my Wet N Wild Large Stippling brush to apply Soleil Tan and it went on seamlessly. It is pigmented but easy to control and very buildable. It adds the perfect amount of warmth to my complexion, making this a new staple in my routine and another great product for spring and summer.
That concludes my list of favorites for April! What were yours? Let me know in the comments below ❤