Hey everyone! It’s monthly favorites time once again. I can’t believe 2016 is already moving this fast. It feels like I was just doing my 2015 favorites last week! My favorites this month are all across the board and contain a lot of new products.
- O.R.G. Skincare Mineral Peel Body. I first heard about this product from Jackie Aina’s snapchat. She posted a video showing how it easily sloughed off dead skin and I knew I had to have it. An 8-ounce bottle was under $20 on Amazon, so with Prime 2-Day shipping it was a great deal. It’s gives a similar effect as the Boscia Exfoliating Peel Gel, but the O.R.G. version is a sprayable liquid. The formula is very gentle. It doesn’t burn when it’s on your skin, it really gets rid of dead skin, and afterwards my face feels so soft!
- Nivea Men Sensitive Post-Shave Balm. I bought this months and months ago, shortly after NikkieTutorials first mentioned using it as a primer on her channel. I used it here and there, but I didn’t really use it heavily until this month when I found that other primers weren’t hydrating enough. This product though; holy cow. It’s ultra-moisturizing and it gives my foundation excellent lasting power. This is an amazing quality primer, especially since a bottle costs less than $5.
- Eucerin Original Healing Rich Creme. I mentioned this product in my Daytime Skincare Routine. It is an extremely rich occlusive that helps hold moisture into the skin. Because it’s extremely heavy, I use it primarily at night or to spot treat extra dry areas during the day. Since it’s been so cold lately, I’ve been using it over the reddest parts of my cheeks and on my chin to prevent the cold air and wind from destroying my face and it’s done an amazing job. This is a great product for those with dry, damaged skin.
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray. I received this sample bottle of All-Nighter in a Sephora order a few months ago. It’s a great setting spray. It keeps my makeup in place until I remove it. I haven’t had to deal with any transfer from my face products since I started using it. I will definitely be buying a full-size bottle when I use up the sample.
- Colourpop Telepathy Eyeshadow Single. This is a product from the latest Colourpop x KathleenLights collab. I used this eyeshadow in a look I posted recently and I am in love. The color is so unique; I don’t have another like it in my collection. The pigmentation is also amazing and the cream formula is really nice for the price.
- Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Lip Scrub. There’s not much to say about this product other than it smells awesome, does a great job of removing dead skin from my lips, and is at a great price point. Before using this scrub, I was using one by Bite Beauty. Although it was nice, it didn’t exfoliate my lips as well as I would like. The scrub by Jeffree Star is simply better.
- Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation. I bought this on a whim and have fallen in love with it. It’s the first foundation that I’ve tried that doesn’t look cakey up close. It actually looks like skin! It’s lightweight and feels like there’s nothing on my face. The coverage is decent and buildable. I’ve experienced some settling into fine lines around my mouth while wearing it, but I’ve yet to find a foundation that I haven’t experienced that with. However, it definitely settles less than others that I’ve tried.
Here are my first favorites of 2016! What were yours for this month? Let me know in the comments.
Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin!