Hello, everyone! I can’t believe it’s already time for the monthly favorites post again. I really enjoy doing them, though, because I love doing reviews and recommending products that will (hopefully) make you as happy as they have made me!
- Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix Pads. As you guys know, I have super dry, sensitive skin. Because of this, I have to be careful about what types of exfoliants I use. I used to use scrubs, which left my face really irritated and angry. When I first heard about chemical exfoliation, I was nervous to try it. In my mind, chemicals would be rougher than any scrub could be, right? Wrong. It did take me some trial and error to find the right AHA for me, but I love the Nip & Fab pads. They’re gentle, effective, and inexpensive. They have not only helped keep dry patches under control, but they’ve helped improve the texture of my face overall.
- Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid. I just recently bought this, but I am extremely impressed. I’m not acne prone, but I have issues with clogged pores on my forehead, large pores on my cheeks, and noticeable sebaceous filaments on my nose. After using this only one time, I noticed a major improvement in all 3 of these problem areas! This product is marketed for all skin types, and I haven’t experienced any excess dryness since using it.
- Shark Sauce. I heard about Shark Sauce from /r/asianbeauty and was intrigued by it’s list of powerhouse ingredients: niacinimide, sea kelp extract, and hyaluronic acid, to name a few. This product was my first endeavor into DIY Skincare, and I have to say I’m a fan. This product is extremely hydrating and soothing. It also will improve PIH and acne and do so many other great things for your skin!
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bow N Arrow. I was fortunate enough to nab this product at my local Sephora a couple weeks ago, and it is definitely living up to the hype. It’s described as a “fawn nude,” which is exactly how it looks on my skintone. KVD’s formula very comfortable, long-wearing, and easy to layer, which is a rarity in liquid lipsticks. If you can get your hands on this, I definitely recommend it.
- Colourpop More Better. I’ve been a fan of Colourpop’s Ultra Mattes since the launch, but More Better is definitely my favorite shade (so far)! It’s described as a “deep violet wine” that reminds me of Stila Aria. It’s an amazing color that is flattering on so many different skintones. It’s perfect for holiday parties and is a really versatile color to wear.
- Real Techniques Sponge. I got my first Beauty Blender a few months ago, and although I like it, I don’t love it like I feel I should. The last time I was in Ulta, I bought the RT Sponge on a whim to try it out, and I am so impressed with its ability to blend out foundation. I get great, even coverage with it. The flat edge allows me to blend everything out quickly and seamlessly! I do wish the pointed end was a bit smaller, like the Beauty Blender, so it fit into tight spaces around my eyes and nose more easily, but I’m alright with using both sponges when doing my makeup to get the most flawless face I can!
That wraps up my November favorites! What were your favorites this month? Let me know in the comments below. ❤