Who else is happy that it’s Friday? I am definitely looking forward to a fun weekend filled with football, tailgating, shopping, and a little R&R after this long work week!
This post is going to be all about my favorite products for the month of September. I can’t believe it’s already practically mid-October! Where has 2015 gone?! I am happy it’s fall, though, as fall is my favorite season for several reasons. I love the cool weather, I like to layer, and fall/winter makeup colors are simply the best.
My favorites this month were a pretty even mix of skincare and makeup. I have started delving into Asian Beauty products since I’m trying to revamp and improve my skincare routine. With that being said, let’s dive into my September favorites!
- Tom Ford matte lipstick – Pussycat. Okay, so this lipstick has quickly become one of my favorite bullet lipsticks ever. The formula is amazing: so creamy and non-drying, which is rare for a matte lipstick. The color is a beautiful mauve that works for the office or for going out at night. It’s long lasting and doesn’t bleed or feather. I get 6-8 hours of wear from this lipstick before I need to do touch-ups.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator – Starlight. I ordered this product shortly after it launched because I’d been looking for a white powder highlighter. This highlighter is a nice white gold color that would work for a decent range of different skintones. Starlight is also quite buildable – you could apply it lightly for an all over, soft glow, or build it up for a bright sheen on your cheekbones. It’s finely milled and there are no visible glitter pieces after applied.
- Tony Moly sheet masks. I ordered a bunch from Kollection K (much cheaper than Sephora) and have found these to be really great masks. My favorite is the aloe sheet mask (not pictured, this was my last one), but I’ve yet to try one that was bad or harmed my sensitive skin. They are a great addition to any skincare routine.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel (deluxe sample). I got this sample with a Sephora order and it has blown me away. I have long, generally unruly eyebrow hairs and this keeps them firmly in place all day long. 10/10 will purchase the full size when I run out of this, because I do not want to be without it!
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – Dolce Vita (deluxe sample). I first tried the Velvet Matte Pencil formula with Sephora’s birthday gift this year and I was pleased with how great the formula was. The formula is consistent between shades, which is always great, and Dolce Vita is the perfect warm, dusty rose color to wear to work or for when you want an understated lip color.
- Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Creme (deluxe sample). This was the first eye cream I’d ever tried, and I really like it. It’s light, deeply hydrating, and non-irritating. There is a light scent, but it fades quickly and doesn’t bother my eyes at all. A little of this goes a very long way, so this sample size will easily last me for a few more months.
- Too Cool for School Pumpkin Sleeping Pack. I bought this after reading many good reviews and doing ample research. I use this as the last step in my nighttime skincare routine. It’s deeply hydrating and doesn’t seem to clog my pores (yay!). The only downside I’ve found is that it doesn’t smell like pumpkin! It smells very lightly like soap, which isn’t bad at all. I was just really hoping to have a pumpkin scented cream to slather on every night!
That wraps it up for my September Favorites! I hope you enjoyed these mini-reviews and that they inspired you to try new products. I really enjoyed curating this list, so I will definitely be doing this every month now!